In celebration of National Nutrition Month and Pi Day on March 14th, we've found the perfect way to combine the two: a delicious, healthy zucchini pie. Zucchini's are low in calories, rich in potassium and vitamin C with a rich flavor. They'll make your Pi Day pie the best and healthiest yet.
- 3 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Prep - 20 min | Cook - 30 min | Ready In - 50 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x6-inch pan or a 12-inch pie plate
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine zucchini, onion, eggs, buttermilk baking mix, vegetable oil, Parmesan cheese, marjoram, parsley and pepper; mix well. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.
This recipe was sourced from AllRecipes.