|Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
It's Officially Shortbread Season!
If you find you're starting to feel the winter blues, we have the perfect recipe for you... Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies! Nothing will help you cope with the season quite like shortbread!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
Prep - 30 min | Cook - 18 min | Ready In - 1 h 15 min
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.