Who doesn't enjoy a hearty bowl of chili? It's the ultimate comfort food. Many people have their own 'special' chili, a little twist of their own to make theirs stand out.
We think youíll find this recipe for a sweeter chili both unique and delicious!
Original recipe makes 10 servings
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12 oz) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped baby corn
- 1 1/4 cups hard apple cider
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Cook the ground pork in a skillet over medium heat until completely browned; drain.
- Combine the cooked pork, tomato, bell pepper, pineapple, beans, kernel corn, tomato paste, onion, baby corn, cider, garlic, brown sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, molasses, ancho chile pepper, sage, curry powder, cinnamon, honey, and vinegar in a large slow cooker; stir.
- Set slow cooker to High. Cook at least 4 hours.
Note: You can use a dutch oven on the stovetop if you donít have a slow cooker by following these directions:
- Preheat oven to 325įF.
- Place contents into a 3-4 qt. Dutch oven or baking dish with a tight fitting lid. Cover and cook for 3 hours
Recipe sourced from Marni Wasserman.