Oh my guac!
This Valentine's Day, treat your heart to a bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of guac. This dish is perfect for sharing, and is much more tasty and addicting than popcorn!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Fresh lime or lemon (if bottled, use roughly 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp to 1/3 cup of minced onion
- 1 tbsp to 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 chopped tomato, optional
Prep - 10 min | Serving size - 2 to 4
- Cut each avocado into four pieces. Pull them apart to remove the pit, and then peel skin off of the avocados. Put all of the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
- Mash the avocado using a fork. It's okay, and actually recommended, to leave some larger chunks in there!
- Put in the onions, and cilantro. Then mix with the fork.
- Add salt, pepper, and lime/lemon juice in the mixture.
- If you want to use tomatoes, now would be a good time to add them in! Make sure that if you serve this with tomatoes, add them just before serving (do not chill left-over guac with tomatoes).
- Try the guac and add more ingredients to taste, if you wish!
Now, you can grab your tortilla chips and dip as much as your heart desires! This recipe can be easily saved by sealing the bowl with plastic wrap, and placing it in the refrigerator.
This recipe was sourced from Simply Recipes.