Do You Have A Sweet Tooth?
Its almost Halloween!
Who loves candy? I know I do. I love hard candy, gummies, chocolate, I love it all!
You've been told time and time again that candy causes tooth decay, but that doesn't mean you can't
enjoy the occasional treat.
If you are going to indulge, there are some things you can do to limit the damage done to your teeth.
Remember, if you're going to snack, and only candy will fill the craving, protect your teeth, you can
worry about your waist line when you hit the gym tonight!
- Try to eat your treat during a meal. There is increased saliva production while eating, which helps
to flush out acid caused by bacteria.
- Chewing sugarless gum after a meal increases the amount of saliva in the mouth as well
- Avoid biting down on hard candy
- Stay away from sticky toffees and candy
- Choose healthy snacks, your body will appreciate this tip as well
- Drink water throughout the day
- Brush your teeth after every meal (even at work)
- Bring enough for everyone or at least save some for me