Beet Quinoa Veggie Burger
In keeping with the themes of patio season and eating more fruits and vegetables, it is only fitting that we offer you a recipe for nutritious home made veggie burgers.
You may not have some of the ingredients in your pantry, but you should be able to find them during your farmer's market adventure or during a trip to your local grocery store (the result is worth the trip in both taste as well as health benefits).
Ingredients you will need:
How it's made:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup cooked white beans
- 2 tbsp grated beets
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp kelp granules
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp tapioca powder
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
Line a tray with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350F (optional).
This recipe was sourced from Fully Nourished by Marni Wasserman.
- In the bowl of a food processor place sunflower seeds and grind until a fine flour is made. Add the quinoa, garlic, parsley, onion and carrot, pulse until combined.
- Add the white beans and continue to blend until smooth.
- Put this mixture in the mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Take approx 1/4 cup of the mixture out, divide and form into 6-8 patties.
- Place on baking tray and place into the oven for 20 minutes. 10 minutes each side to get them crispy.
- Alternatively, place the patties on a grill for 3-5 minutes. (If you are going to bbq these delightful patties, use a pan to avoid overcooking or crumbling.)